Donate

#

Back to Main Site

Have CIR’s daily reflections emailed to your inbox every single day. Sign up today!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Rose Wingfield
    Participant

The Catholic in Recovery Workbook (p. xi), says we can find a “small workbook group” on the website. Can someone please tell me how to do that. Thank you!!

Scott Weeman
    Keymaster

Great question, Rose! We are in the process of getting facilitators to prepared to lead small workbook groups, although you may find that your question prompts an invitation from some who are currently in the process of forming a small group organically and would be delighted to have you join.

**Note to others: if you are planning to form a small workbook group and looking for participants, please respond to this thread.

George Lensing
    Participant

Thank you for asking this question, Rose. To extend on it a bit, will there be a virtual CIR Workbook group we can go too? I am finding the virtual meetings very helpful. I currently live in Arkansas and the nearest in-person meeting is approximately 2 hours away. Thank you.

Theresa Slaughter
    Participant

I would like to start a workbook group here in my area. How do I do this ?

Kevin K
    Participant

Good to see this question and I am definitely interested in joining a group. So… anyone that is starting a virtual workbook group, please contact me. (I have the book and started it with my sponsor but see it as a great fit for a group)

Karen
    Participant

Hello theresa,
    What area do you live in?
    Is there a CIR group meeting in your area?
    Would your church agree to a 12 step study group meeting in the building?
    Peace,
    Karen

Laura Wishik
    Participant

I am hoping for an online workbook group since there are no in person CIR groups in Washington State.
    –Laura

Adele
    Participant

My issue is disordered eating. I would love to start a virtual workbook discussion group for that addiction type, but don’t know how to go about it. If 4-5 other people would like to join me, I’m sure we can figure it out along the way. Please respond if you would like to join me. Adele

Jolene Fettig
    Participant

I would love to join an online workbook study group. Or how does a person go about getting trained to lead one?

Karen
    Participant

Great question Jolene. Have you lead a 12 step study group in the past? Usually, having had the experience of going through the 12 steps with a group or sponsor is definitely a learning experience and would be a step in being a leader of such a meeting.Have you spoken to your sponsor about this?

Jolene Fettig
    Participant

Hi Karen! I am currently leading an ACA Loving Parent Guidebook meeting not through CIR. I have led other forms on ACA meetings in the past via Zoom and other platforms. I have co sponsored someone through the 12 ACA steps.

Jolene Fettig
    Participant

I would join you Adele.

Adele
    Participant

That would be terrific Jolene. I have no experience, am a complete newbie to the 12 Steps. What would we need to do?

Adele
    Participant

Another question…this workbook, is it the 12 Steps and the Sacrament workbook found under the “recovery tab above or is it an Overeaters Anonymous (in my case) workbook?

Patrick Lynch
    Participant

Hello, I am also interested in doing a virtual workbook study with other men. Is there anyone aware of any? I have been in CIR since Nov. 2022 and have purchased the workbook. I look forward to working the 12 steps in this program!

God Bless,
    Patrick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.