Donate

#

Back to Main Site

Have CIR’s daily reflections emailed to your inbox every single day. Sign up today!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Scott Weeman
    Keymaster

We had a great Zoom webinar tonight on the topic of overcoming resentments (recording to be posted to the CIR+ Recovery Center ASAP). We discussed resentments as a poison to our selves and our spiritual lives. If you were able to attend the webinar/workshop, what were some key takeaways? If you were unable to attend, what are some tools/practices/prayers that have helped you overcome the toxicity of resentments?

Teresa Roberts
    Participant

I am very excited to view the webcast when available as I was unable to participate live. Currently, I am working through a second 4th step after completing one roughly six-months ago. It’s amazing what comes up when we open our hearts/minds to God’s grace.

An extremely useful prayer for me has been the “set-aside” prayer. Briefly, saying to God:

God, help me to set-aside everything I think I know about… (this person, this step, this institution…, etc) and everything I think I know about my recovery, so I may have an open-mind, a new experience of You, and learn to know You better. Help me always to see Your Truth.

I look forward to reading the thoughts of others!

Dana
    Participant

I was not able to attend. Was the webinar recorded?

Dana
    Participant

Never mind, I found it 🙂

Scott Weeman
    Keymaster

I’m glad you found it, Dana!

William Thompson
    Participant

Hi. I am currently struggling with a resentment. I am totally and permanently disabled due to bilateral hip replacements and fusion to my pelvis, along with toxic exposure to a chemical we used in the military to allow aircraft to dump fuel into the bay on base. I am very slow. I talked to my coach at work and told her about my health situation. She continued to push me to work harder and faster. I talked to the VA and they sent a representative to assist me with supportive employment. Still, despite the federal government stepping in, she continued to push even harder. I got mad and went directly to my reporting manager and told him what was going on. He called her into the office along with myself and him and we discussed it. I am no longer part of her team. I still have to interact with her on certain days. During our discussion, she said that “she apologizes in advance.” She was asked to refrain from “dogging me.” When she said she apologizes in advance, that sort of let me know that she has no intention of change on her end. I am furious about it. I was asked by my new coach if I liked her. I told him I would rather die than hear another word come out of her mouth. He laughed and so did I, but I am still fighting the resentment. I am at a stuck point. I asked Mother Mary to help me find forgiveness in my heart, but I am still bitter and angry. Any suggestions?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.