Donate

#

Back to Main Site

Have CIR’s daily reflections emailed to your inbox every single day. Sign up today!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Celeste Robichaux
    Participant

Laura,

Yes, of course! I look forward to it.

I am terrible with time zones. Set a calendar item on your phone. That is the only way I can keep it straight. I can’t tell you how many meetings I’ve missed because of that!

Celeste

Melanie Winningham
    Participant

I would like to join this meeting also

Celeste Robichaux
    Participant

Melanie,

We’d love to have you. There are five ladies in the group so far.

The Zoom info is Meeting ID 82605204490 and the Passcode is 567250. The meeting is 8 PM Eastern, 7PM Central. What is your time zone?

I suggest the book Twelve Steps and the Sacraments as well as the CIR workbook. We read through the first section of the workbook on Baptism, and will be sharing from our inventories this week. So you are not too late to join!

Welcome!
    Celeste

Suzanne Bruzga
    Participant

Hello Celeste,
    I am returning to CIR and am happy to see a workbook available for a deep dive into 12 steps with a Catholic framework .
    I have struggled with compulsive overeating/binge eating and if not too late, would be interested in joining your group on Thursday evenings.
    I do have the workbook .
    If you are not taking new members,I welcome information on other workbook groups that may be open at this time.
    Thank you!
    Suzanne

Celeste Robichaux
    Participant

Suzanne, you are welcome to join us.

Our next meeting is 2/9/23 tomorrow. The Zoom info is Meeting ID 82605204490 and the Passcode is 567250. The meeting is 8 PM Eastern, 7PM Central. What is your time zone?

Hope to see you there!

Celeste

Suzanne Bruzga
    Participant

Wonderful! Thank you very much Celeste. I am from Pennsylvania (Eastern).
    I look forward to meeting you and the group:-)
    Suzanne

Melanie Winningham
    Participant

I’m not having success getting on the meeting. Is it not Thurs??

Celeste Robichaux
    Participant

The meeting is at 7 Central. It is 6:25 here. What time zone are you in?

Celeste

Celeste Robichaux
    Participant

Melanie, you are welcome to join us this Thursday at 7 PM CENTRAL TIME. Sorry we missed you last week.

Celeste

Debra Lind
    Participant

Hi, My name is Debra. I just discovered Catholic in Recovery this afternoon. I am brand new to 12 Step programs & am not really sure where to start. I struggle with compulsive overeating and binge eating. I attended a Zoom meeting this evening for general addictions. I am especially interested in meeting for compulsive overeating and food addictions in general. Is it too late to join your Thursday evening meeting? I could join in next Thursday if you’re allowing newcomers this late in the game.

Thanks so much!
    Debra

Celeste Robichaux
    Participant

Hi, Debra. We’d love to have you. This will likely be the last week we can take new members. Please do the workbook pages up to and including the hope inventory. You can take your time with this. We will be going over the hope inventory on Thursday the 23rd. If you can’t see the Zoom info higher in this thread please let me know.

Looking forward to meeting you!
    Celeste

Susan Tracey
    Participant

Hi Celeste, Is the workbook study for food addicts still meeting? If so, I would like to join, can you text me please? I have the zoom login info. 919-880-9135 Thank you, Sue

Aida
    Participant

Hello, All —

I just discovered CIR last week, just finding this thread now.

Question: Do I need to be active in a regular 12-Step program now to join this or any other CIR meeting/group? Or is it possible to have CIR as my only program, providing I work this program diligently?

I have a long history of eating disorders, active in OA, FA etc. since 1980’s, but have not been to a meeting in ~10 years. Health reasons, but also, regular programs were not meeting my needs.

I will try to capture the details about meeting times, books needed etc.

Thanks very much —

Aida — SF Bay Area

Aida
    Participant

Adding for clarity:

-I’ve only attended one general meeting
    -Do not have books yet
    -Just read in this thread that you a probably not accepting new members to your group at this time (February 17: “This will likely be the last week we can take new members.”)

Since I am brand new to everything here, any suggestions about alternative meetings etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks — Aida

• This reply was modified 11 months, 3 weeks ago by Aida. Reason: Request for info on alternatives
    Celeste Robichaux
    Participant

Aida,

I do not attend meetings outside COR, but I think I am the outlier in that regard. I supplement by listening to OA podcasts. I think most people attend other meetings outside CIR, particularly those who were already in a 12 step program. This is my first experience with 12 steps.

I’ll be happy to help in any way I can. New workbook groups form all the time. Keep checking the forum for announcements of new meetings. And welcome!

Celeste

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.