Donate

#

Back to Main Site

Have CIR’s daily reflections emailed to your inbox every single day. Sign up today!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dalton
    Participant

*Mods, one thing I have seen that is really useful for growing and sustaining a forum community is a dedicated space for folks to journal, log, and reflect day to day while having the opportunity to get feedback and support from others. I notice there is not currently a section in the forum categories dedicated to this. I do recommend setting up a Journal category. In the mean time I will start mine here.*

God Bless,

Dalton

Dalton
    Participant

Mon Oct 24

Today was a pretty decent day all things considered. I went to Mass this morning. Prayed 2 decades of the rosary. Ideal is one full 5 decade rosary every day, but I am not going to force it. I’ll consider one decade enough on any given day for the time being. I went to a Celebrate Recovery meeting but didn’t stay for the full thing. Something just was not feeling right, I was getting anxious so I left. It’s a Christian program and I don’t think there is anything wrong with it per se, but I just wish there was a CIR group near me.

Reflecting on my need and desire for Catholic community. There are two modes of engaging with this lack. Being mode and having mode. Having mode feels driven by a lack, whereas thinking about who I can BE such that I find myself naturally in abundant relationships with fellow Catholics feels more alive. Going to let this incubate but I have some ideas about how I could start moving in that direction.

– pull together a list of all the parishes in my local area
    – once a week pull together the bulletins
    – put their events on my calandar
    – go to as many events as I can
    – have faith than from this connections and friendships will happen

Tomorrow: I gotta work early in the morning so I need to get to bed after posting this. What would make tomorrow great? Above all, don’t act out. If I have any urges I will default towards connecting with God and the Blessed Mother through the rosary. Beyond this, I haven’t worked out in a while and I’ve been procrastinating on school work. Which is more important? If I could only have one? I will prioritize school.

So tomorrow will be a good day if I don’t act out and if I do some school work.

Goodnight. God Bless.

Patrick Ruddy
    Participant

Dalton we should be good friends. All the things listed on your journal page are my thoughts. Celebrate Recovery gave me the heebie-jeebies because Protestants worship God differently than Catholics worship God with Mass, Confessions, and rosaries. But I’m willing to give Celebrate Recovery a second chance.My experience with only going to AA meeting places for finding friendships, is that in 4 years of sobriety I have 2 good friends only out of 1000 meetings……I connected with all my friends at Bible studies at Catholic Churches. It would be neat to have a CIR meeting but for now I will continue with AA meetings. Patrick R. Dallas, Texas

Dalton
    Participant

Fri Nov 4

Been a while since I’ve journaled here. Meant to, but it’s been tough to organize myself and my will in any kind of orderly way recently. Struggling with acting out in addiction, and the guilt and shame that comes along with that.

I am beginning 33 days of Preparations for Marian Consecration (Consecration on Dec 8, the Feast of The Immaculate Conception) tomorrow.

My goals as of now are only 2:

With the help of God’s Grace I will:

Finish the preparation for and make the consecration.
    Have 33 days of sobriety, one day at a time.

God Bless,

Dalton

Celeste Robichaux
    Participant

Dalton,

Marian consecration changed my life. I hope you are also having a wonderful experience. I’ll be happy to converse about it here.

Celeste in Louisiana

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.