Donate

#

Back to Main Site

Have CIR’s daily reflections emailed to your inbox every single day. Sign up today!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Scott Weeman
    Keymaster

What are some scripture verses that have been meaningful in your recovery? Let’s use this thread to build a thorough list! I’ll start with a few that were especially meaningful to me and helped develop a solid foundation in my first few months of sobriety/recovery:

John 15:16
    It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you.

Romans 3:10
    As it is written: “There is no one just, not one”

Romans 3:23
    All have sinned and are deprived of the glory of God.

Matthew 6:34
    Do not worry about tomorrow; tomorrow will take care of itself. Sufficient for a day is its own evil.

1 Peter 5:8
    Be sober and vigilant. Your opponent the devil is prowling around like a roaring lion looking for [someone] to devour.

1 Corinthians 9:21-23
    To those outside the law I became like one outside the law—though I am not outside God’s law but within the law of Christ—to win over those outside the law.
    To the weak I became weak, to win over the weak. I have become all things to all, to save at least some.
    All this I do for the sake of the gospel, so that I too may have a share in it.

Proverbs 26:9-12
    A thorn stuck in the hand of a drunkard
    is a proverb in the mouth of fools.
    An archer wounding all who pass by
    is anyone who hires a drunken fool.
    As dogs return to their vomit,
    so fools repeat their folly.
    You see those who are wise in their own eyes?
    There is more hope for fools than for them.

Ephesians 6:10-18
    Finally, draw your strength from the Lord and from his mighty power.
    Put on the armor of God so that you may be able to stand firm against the tactics of the devil.
    For our struggle is not with flesh and blood but with the principalities, with the powers, with the world rulers of this present darkness, with the evil spirits in the heavens.
    Therefore, put on the armor of God, that you may be able to resist on the evil day and, having done everything, to hold your ground.
    So stand fast with your loins girded in truth, clothed with righteousness as a breastplate,
    and your feet shod in readiness for the gospel of peace.
    In all circumstances, hold faith as a shield, to quench all [the] flaming arrows of the evil one
    And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
    With all prayer and supplication, pray at every opportunity in the Spirit. To that end, be watchful with all perseverance and supplication for all the holy ones.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.