Donate

#

Back to Main Site

Have CIR’s daily reflections emailed to your inbox every single day. Sign up today!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Keymaster

Welcome!

Mark Mccarthy
    Participant

Hello .. pls let me know who is here .. I’m new and interested in connecting with someone on Recovery progress ..

Mark

Jena
    Participant

Hi Mark ☺️ I’m on the recovery journey and happy to connect! Glad you found CIR, how’d you find us? Welcome!

Mark Mccarthy
    Participant

Hi Jena ! I had a busy day so didn’t get back as soon as I wanted to .. I became a member recently and just want to connect with Catholic people!

Mark McCarthy
    952-443-4080

Mark Mccarthy
    Participant

Hi Jena ..

I would like to connect with good CATHOLIC people!
    Mark McCarthy
    952-443-4080

Jena
    Participant

Well, we are glad you’re here! A great way to meet people is by attending meetings. There’s quite a few virtual meeting options. Some “General Recovery” and some geared towards specific addictions. Many meetings have “parking lot” meetings afterwards, where some stay to socialize after the meeting is over.

Are you in MN? Right now there are 5 in-person meetings in MN ☺️ maybe you’re close by one! That would be another good way to meet other Catholics who are in recovery.

In my journey, I started out in Al-Anon in 2006. I found CIR during the pandemic and began attending virtual meetings as there were no in-person meetings in northeast TN at the time. I adore 💜 CIR!

Mark Mccarthy
    Participant

Thank you for your reply .. I love to be connected to catholic brothers and sisters .. I will keep searching for a group..

Mark
    952-443-4080

Scott Weeman
    Keymaster

I’m glad you found our community, Mark! Have you had a chance to make it to a virtual meeting? I appreciate you introducing yourself here in the forum and expressing your desire to connect with fellows Catholics in recovery. You’re in the right place, my friend.

Mark Mccarthy
    Participant

I had the chence to join the Wednesday afternoon virtual and i will continue with that meeting. There is really good quality of leadership and that makes a big difference. I wish I had known about CIR sooner.

Mark Mccarthy
    Participant

Hi CIR FOLKS ..

I have had the chance to attend 2 Virtual meetings and I want to continue to be in the recovery process here with fellow Catholics. Please lead me to the best way to be supportive and to get support .. I have been starving for this connection and looking forward to meeting the people of CIR !

MARK MCCARTHY
    markmccarthy.mm@gmail.com
    952-443-4080

Scott Weeman
    Keymaster

Keep coming back, Mark! Your presence in meetings is surely of support to others. If you have experience working through the Twelve Steps, you might find a man or two to sponsor through the Steps. If not (or even if so), you might want to find someone to take you through the Steps using the Catholic in Recovery Workbook. If you really want to take things to the next level, register for a 1-day or weekend retreat. We have several throughout the year next year which will soon be posted to our events page.

FYI, our current 2024 retreat schedule includes:
    April 5-7: Malvern Retreat House; Elkton, MD **Women’s Retreat**
    May 17-19: Our Lady of Peace Retreat House; Beaverton, OR
    June 7-9: Shrine of the Most Blessed Sacrament; Hanceville, AL
    August 23-25: St. Felix Catholic Center; Huntington, IN
    September 27-29: Prince of Peace Abbey; Oceanside, CA
    November 1-3: Subiaco Abbey; Subiaco, AR
    TBD: Spiritual Life Center, Wichita, KS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.