Donate

#

Back to Main Site

Have CIR’s daily reflections emailed to your inbox every single day. Sign up today!

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Jim.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bill Mackey
    Participant

I’m a bit thrown off as I parous these discussions boards for the first time. I understand people may be busy with meetings and such, but I’m a little bit concerned that the most recent date of a post here is like, 4 months ago? Has the excitement waned? Have we moved on? Anyway, I’m a recovering alcoholic who is looking for a strong, stable fellowship of Catholics to connect with. Not only for the purpose of Step work (which I am long overdue to work again), but also to incorporate those Steps into my Catholic Faith life. Currently, due to my struggles which I have allowed to implode in on me; I have lapsed in the Faith and am looking for a way to love sobriety in the Church. I have purchased the Workbook and the CIR Book and am eager to begin with like-minded people. Thanks.

Susy
    Participant

Hi Bill, In my experience with CIR the most active and best place to connect with other Catholics practicing a 12 step recovery program is in the meetings. I offer a suggestion to just jump into some meetings and listen. I believe you will find the Catholic brothers and sisters you will be able to relate to.

Jim
    Participant

Hi Bill! Welcome, I just joined CIR+ today myself. Prior to that, I’ve been going to CIR ZOOM meetings for about 3 years now. I helped start the Mens General Recovery meeting that meets every Friday night. You are totally more than welcome to join us anytime. There are lots of friends of Bill W. at our meeting, and we’re all striving to become better and better Catholics. I happen to be more of a friend of Bill W’s wife Lois. Hey, give me a shout if you ever have any questions: jvcjimsheridan@hotmail.com

Blessings,
    Jim S. (San Diego)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.