Donate

#

Back to Main Site

Have CIR’s daily reflections emailed to your inbox every single day. Sign up today!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Keymaster

Welcome!

Lucy Sneeringer
    Participant

I am STRUGGLING with sugar addiction, just received my books and want to begin. How do I find a sponsor?

David Huckabee
    Participant

How do I go about finding a sponsor? I feel like this is a component, that I need. I struggle with drug addiction.

Lynn Moser
    Participant

I’m also in need of finding a sponsor. How do you reach out to begin the search?

Deborah Bonanno
    Participant

I’m just beginning ACA meetings and would like to find a sponsor.

Jenny Teeters

Here are a few suggestions for finding a sponsor:

– In meetings that you attend, its very appropriate to share in the chat or aloud that you are looking for a sponsor
    – To be more specific, if there is a particular person that you see and hear and would like to have a conversation about sponsorship, you can ask to have a chat
    – You can alert your Catholic in Recovery leader that you are looking for a sponsor and he/she can offer support by connecting with other Advocates in Catholic in Recovery

You’re most welcome to message me as well and I would be very happy to help you in your search. jennyteeters@gmail.com or txt 916-612-0337

Warmly,
    Jenny

Charles Trout
    Participant

Good morning Jenny,
    My name is Charles and I was at the conference last weekend in Alabama. I wasn’t in Alabama for that reason it just showed up and so I attended a good part of it. I’ve just registered online today and I met a guy there named Mike and a gal named Barbara who I believe, brought the conference there. A few few others from the Hanceville area who are starting a meeting. I would like to get in touch with these folks. Maybe you could help me out there. I could not stay for the final registrations because I had other business to attend at St.bernards monastery. It was a very nice group of people, and I truly felt they were all very sincere, with what was being said.
    Anyway, if you could help me out, this is my information to email and I will be in Alabama tomorrow for the weekend. I live 100 miles in Georgia but I’m there pretty regular for religious reasons obviously. Trying to get to and authentic Catholic life again.
    Many blessings today, my friend.
    Peacefully, Charles

Celeste Robichaux
    Participant

Lucy, I know I am late to the dance seeing your message looking for a sponsor. I hope you have found a sponsor by now, but if not, I am willing to sponsor you. I am a recovering sugar addict myself. Reply here or text me at 985-860-8288 if you still need a sponsor.

Celeste

Lisa Robinson
    Participant

Celeste, I’m new to the group here at CIR. Are you part of one of the online group meetings? I am struggling with sweets and overeating them. I’m looking for a group that addresses that kind of addiction. Thank you so much for any info you may have!

Celeste Robichaux
    Participant

Lisa,

Yes, I have a Zooom CIR workbook group, and we are all dealing with food issues. However, we are already on step 7. I suggest you join the new Living the Steps offering. There will be breakouts by gender and addiction type.

There is also a Sunday evening group for women with food issues.

If you need help, I’ll be happy to sponsor you. We can work through the steps together. I am a recovering sugar addict.

Blessings,
    Celeste R

Alfredo Castro
    Participant

I am Fred C. I am a recovering alcoholic, drug attic and compulsive eater. I am looking for a sponsor with food addiction. I do have 3 years of abstinence with sugar and flour. I have worked the steps in the past, but I have the need to work the steps again with a catholic perspective. My number is 956-655-8202. Please text or email me if there is anybody willing to sponsor. My email is fred9710@msn.com

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.