Donate

#

Back to Main Site

Have CIR’s daily reflections emailed to your inbox every single day. Sign up today!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Keymaster

Welcome!

Angie
    Participant

With fear and shame being a huge part of anxiety, I thought this would be a great forum to ask the following question:
    What resources have you used that have reduced the symptoms of anxiety?

My favorites books to date have been:
    Mind over Mood by Dennis Greenberger and Christine Padesky – A book on CBT – Reads a little more dry than David Burns books but the worksheets are excellent. By far my favourite worksheets are in this book.
    Feeling Great by Dr. David Burns – uses CBT – any of David Burns books are an engaging read. His book When Anxiety Attacks would be an excellent audio book as long as one follows up with CBT exercises.

App
    Unwinding Anxiety (it is an app on mindfulness. To date I have not found it new age, and it combined with my ACDH/ ACA classes CIR has finally helped me learn what my habit loop is. For those raised in dysfunctional homes I find our habit loops can be on the surface subtle, but significant. Mindfulness has also helped me understand the health benefits that I can receive from meditatively praying the rosary. While I have always prayed the rosary I now understand how beneficial it is to me physically and emotionally just not spiritually.

I am currently reading Hope ans Help for your Nerves by Dr. Claire Weekes. Books by Dr. Claire Weekes was recommended by Patrick Coffin and I am very thankful to be reading this book right now. I am only 1/6th through the book and have learnt why anxiety is fear driven and why we shouldn’t be scared of our anxiety symptoms. I wish I would had read this book a long time ago.

What are your favorite resources?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.