Donate

#

Back to Main Site

Have CIR’s daily reflections emailed to your inbox every single day. Sign up today!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Keymaster

Welcome!

Lucy Sneeringer
    Participant

HI – I’m brand new. My books just arrived in the mail today. I have so many questions and don’t know where to begin. I’m addicted to sugar and overeating. My last binge was Saturday night — I’m STRUGGLING with the need for sugar and am white-knuckling my way through each hour of the day since.

Jenny Teeters

Hi Lucy!

Have you had a chance to view the virtual meetings specifically around food? I suggest that as you’ll have an immediate support group the moment you log in.

I hope in the past days the cravings have lifted some.

Warmly,
    Jenny

Karen
    Participant

Hello Lucy,
    Been there done that.
    Please check out the virtual meetings. there are 2 focused on Disordered Eating:
    Sunday 7pm est
    Thursday Noon est
    There are many people there who can answer your questions. Chare your contact information in the Zoom chat box and ask people for a phone call.
    God bless you.
    Karen

Linda Picchioni
    Participant

I have discovered in recovery from compulsive overeating that I experience anxiety. (What am I going to eat, I can’t eat, I want to eat)
    A couple months ago I heard from a psychiatrist about utilizing Gregorian Chant as a way to overcome depression, anxiety and compulsions. (up to 24/7; with it barely audible) Whenever I’m in my kitchen, I now listen to Gregorian chant. (On YouTube) It has made a huge difference in my recovery. I have been abstinent 50 days as of today.

Linda

Karen
    Participant

Thank you Linda. I attempted something like this myself but did not follow through. I need to follow up on this great idea.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.