Donate

#

Back to Main Site

Have CIR’s daily reflections emailed to your inbox every single day. Sign up today!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Keymaster

Welcome!

Betty Lou Kelly
    Participant

Hi new to this group.

Betty Lou Kelly
    Participant

Hi new to this group. Getting rid of papers clothes.

Denise Hay
    Participant

Hi! Newbie here 🙂

Marcia Gastaldo
    Keymaster

I try to get rid of papers and mail as they come in. I used to keep everything but I’ve learned to toss stuff as it comes in. Clothing is a little more difficult but psalm 23 tells us that the Lord will give me what I need. Others can use the clothes I give away so I’m doing a service. Plus I don’t want to spend money on clothing. Hope this helps.

I am going to set an alarm for 15 minutes to do some “Cleaning”, “Organizing”, “Decluttering”. Hello everyone, and good morning. Nathan from CA.

Actually, I am going to to another 15 minutes.

Mark Mccarthy
    Participant

I just saw this thread . I’m working on getting started with decluttering .. it’s a symbol of holding on inside . I first have to let go of glinging on to the past and then the clutter will look our of place. I just have to do the letting go of past traumas that keep me stuck . I’m really close to that letting go ! I need a cheering crowd behind me!!

Hoorah! You can do it man! We can do it. My desk is looking like hurricane aftermath. I want change. I am going to commit another 15-30 minute minimum today to this. If i do to much I go into instant shock/hangover mode. My poor brain! T.B.T.G. (Thanks be to God!). It’s raining like madness here in my little piece of California.

Mark Mccarthy
    Participant

Hooray! There’s another person going through the de-cluttering phase of life!

I’m holding on to old clutter like I have been holding on to old thoughts — from years ago.
    I’m now recognizing what I’m holding onto and it’s just fine because it makes sense now — why I keep this clutter .. in my office and in my mind .. just have to let go – and it helps to talk to someone and to be accountable.

Thanks for listening. Are you a CIR+ member ?

Mark

Sure am Mark, joined a couple of days ago. Like my clutter some thoughts I do not have the ability yet to disengage. My desk is looking A LOT better after yesterday. I’d like to work on my closet next.

Mark Mccarthy
    Participant

I just brought 3 old electronic devices to the County Salvage place on emptied 3 boxes of clutter .. that’s all I can handle today but will keep at it. Clutter is a sign that my mind is not focused on the path to good health and I have been looking at what it means in my life. I’m going on a retreat to look at “mid life crisis” this weekend and there I will address the clutter issue and hope to have an answer to why !–

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.