Donate

#

Back to Main Site

Have CIR’s daily reflections emailed to your inbox every single day. Sign up today!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Paul
    Keymaster

Welcome!

Tim

We are all baptized in water at some point in our catholic life. But have you experienced being baptized in the Holy Spirit?

What is Baptism of the Holy Spirit?

What are the signs of being baptized in the Holy Spirit?
    1. You genuinely feel you know each other.
    You know God is your Father and experience the love of God the Father. He’s not angry or disappointed or distant but close, providing everything.
    You know God is more than a force, and you cry out to him. The Spirit reveals Jesus as Lord; He is the Son of God.

2. You experience your prayer life coming alive
    You hunger and crave prayer—you yearn to spend time with other Christians, wanting community. You have a newfound power over your sin/disease. When the Holy Spirit is free, you have this new power over your sin/disease, becoming more persuaded you can’t become holy under your control but that anything is possible through the Spirit.

3. Once anointed, you become empowered for your mission
    A sign you’re feeling the Holy Spirit’s presence. You feel joy and peace. Pope Benedict called joy an infallible sign of the presence of God. You know the Holy Spirit is at work when you long to share about Jesus and want others to know him.

The gifts of the Holy Spirit pour out. The Acts of the Apostles describe the Samaritans hearing the Gospel message without receiving the Holy Spirit. The Church needs to be courageous enough to say when something is missing.
    “We need to be careful we’re initiating people into the full life of God,”

I experienced these three signs shortly after step 3 of the 12 steps. I felt joy for the first time in many years; depression and anxiety were gone, and I became peaceful in all aspects of my life. There was a noticeable change that others saw and mentioned.

Have you experienced Baptism in the Holy Spirit?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.